All applications are submitted online through http://www.khaward.ae
The work shall be in Arabic or English Languages
If the candidate is an institution or team, the team leader is the authorised person to receive the award at the official ceremony.
The logo of Khalifa Educational Award may not be used in the means of media and commercial promotions and social media by the candidates, until they approach the General Secretariat for a written consent.
f any educational project or program wins, the General secretariat of the Award shall have the right to circulate it to all relevant authorities in the name of the General Secretariat and the winner.
The winners in Khalifa Education award at the previous rounds may apply in various fields after two years, except the field in which the won the award.
The Candidate shall not apply for a similar award in or outside the U.A.E who is nominated for Khalifa Education Award in the same field in the same year.
The candidate shall have not received another award in the same field of Khalifa Education Award with a similar moral and material value within two years, including the year of nomination.
Application to and nomination in one round is for one field. It is not allowed to apply for two fields or two categories in one field.
The ownership of the winning work shall be organized year- wise, copyright of the work, use or application, within two years from the date of granting the award, otherwise the work shall become the sole property of the owner after these two years, according to the following rules:
Upon winning the award and such work was printed and published, the General Secretariat shall be furnished with a copy, before the award distribution ceremony.
If the work is written, the ownership of its printing and publishing and financial proceeds, if any, shall be transferred to the General Secretariat, who shall have the same printed within two years from the date of receiving the award, otherwise such ownership shall revert to the winner, conditional on compliance with paragraph (C) herein below.
If the winner insists to keep the research or print it at his/her cost, the following expression shall be written on the cover and the internal title page “This work is a winner of Khalifa Award in______ field, _______ category at ____ round in the year _____” and shall provide the General Secretariat with (100) copies.
Upon the candidate death after being nominated, accepted and won the award, his right in the award remains standing and shall be granted to his/her legal heirs.
In the field of educational researches, the same shall have not been prepared for acquiring a university degree, Master degree, Ph.D. degree or equivalent, or instructed by an official administration such as the universities, research centers, institutes or ministries, published before, published in a book or any magazine.
The following nomination applicable shall be disqualified:
1. If they contain incorrect data or information, falsified documentation at the time of detection, upon winning the award or after officially declaring the winner, regardless of the time lapsed after granting the award.
2. By a decision from the Council of Trustees, the cases in which the award may be withdrawn, without contradicting with intellectual freedom rights. The award withdrawal and recovery of its components is subject to the Council decision.
3. If after the announcement of the winner and granting the award in any field and then the award is canceled, this shall be announced in the same means of media who announced the winner.
Any candidate who fails to satisfy the requirements shall be disqualified.
Khalifa Award for Education Documentation required for the Electronic Nomination:
1. To electronically fill up the application and acceptance of the general and particular conditions after reading the related manuals on the Award website.
2. The relevant requirements of each field and category which are included within the data of the form, to be filled up by the nominee, shall be attached hereto.
3. Candidate’s new photograph of white background of size “4x6” cm “for individuals and if the applicant is a team or institution, to attach a latest photograph of white background of size “4x6” of every member of the team, provided that the number of the team members should not exceed 8 persons including the team leader.
4. CVs of the members, and if the applicant is a team or institution, CVs of the team members should be attached.
5. Copy of Passport and individual’s family book (for the UAE nationals), passport page and residence permit (for expatriates) and if the applicant is a team or institution, they should attach copies of passports and family books of the team members (for the UAE nationals) and passport page and residence permit (for expatriates).
6. Copy of the recognized educational qualification duly attested by the respective country shall be attached.
7. Evidence, documents and degrees shall be limited to the last three years.
8. Letters of nomination and recommendation from the institution at the nominee respective country should be attached. The letters of nomination and recommendation are pre- requisite for the acceptance of the nomination request for all fields.
9. If the candidate for the fields of the Award is out of the scope of Education, a personal nomination shall be submitted, which is considered as a precondition for accepting the nomination request.
10. The organization or the authority granting the letter of nomination or recommendation shall be directly responsible for the veracity and authenticity of the same, under legal liability towards the General Secretariat of Khalifa Award for Education.
11. If the applicant is an institution, work team or the like, a letter of recommendation from the institution to which the authority belongs, shall be attached. Such letter of recommendation is a precondition for accepting the nomination request.
12. Participation in the Award shall be in the name of the institution or the like and not in the names of members of the management or the work team.
13. The electronic attachments and supporting documents shall be organized as follows:
-1 For each criteria there are a maximum number of attachments, where the size of each attachment shall not exceed 100 MB.
-2 In the electronic documentation the following formats shall be used: PNG, JPG, PDF, MOV, and MP4, provided that the size of each file shall not be more than 100 MB.
-3 Candidate may establish Excel/ Word files stored in PDF format then upload on the website.
-4 For security reasons, you cannot use the PowerPoint files or any hyperlinks.
-5 In case of a large-sized video files and the applicant is unable to reduce the size, such videos may be uploaded by two ways:
-6 You Tube: The videos can be uploaded on the You Tube and install the links of each video on the link of the criteria of this video on the file. Upon the upload of the video on the You Tube, the publication condition of the same video shall be changed to (unlisted) status, and hence may not be included in the page. No one can find it on your channel. The video privacy shall be mentioned. The video may only be viewed through the link of such video.
-7 Google Drive: Upload all large sized files on the Google Drive, then provide us with the link at the link of the Criteria of such video in the file.
-8 The number of link for each criteria may not exceed two.
-9 To upload the files and attachments smoothly and avoid any problems during the files uploading, you are requested to observe the following:
• Each file/ attachment needs time for uploading if the size of file(s) is large. Each file/ attachment shall be uploaded in each field. Then the application will be saved, to begin the uploading process.
(Time spent as per the size of the file).
• When the word “download” appears near the file/ attachments field, this means the upload is successful.
• Then come back to press the application revision and upload the following file/ attachment.
• The files must be uploaded through a fast internal network.,